Nowadays, more people are opting for the Hyundai Creta diesel variant over the other alternatives such as the petrol and turbo petrol variants. You may be wondering why?

Here’s the reason: 

The Hyundai Creta has left behind many of its competitors like Maruti Baleno, WagonR, as well as the Grandi10. The SUV has become the best selling car of May 2020. The brand new SUV was launched just a few days before the countrywide shutdown was implemented and since then, more than 30,000 people have booked the car. Hyundai had announced the deliveries of the new Creta just a couple of days ago. 


The company Hyundai has revealed that Creta has received more responses as compared to the other models that the company has released. From all the total sales done on the Creta, 55% comes from diesel variants whereas the rest of the 45% is thanks to the petrol models. And a very small proportion of this 45% goes to the turbo petrol units as well. 


Many auto manufacturers are only rolling out petrol cars for now, and the BS6 emission norm took a toll on the diesel engines. It is a very good thing that instead of going down, the demand for diesel engines is rising slowly.

Diesel engines are, in fact, better than petrol when it comes to mileage, torque, and daily usage. Diesel engines save more fuel as compared to petrol and turbo petrol engines. They may be expensive while buying but still are worth the price because the daily cost will come down eventually. Also, diesel engines are more helpful if you are driving off-road or in the mountains because they are torquier. 


Hyundai’s new SUV Creta comes with a brand new Seltos’ 1.5-liter turbo diesel engine. The BS6 compliant diesel engine produces a high peak torque of 115PS and 255 Nm. Equipped with a 6-speed MT and a 6-speed torque converter, the Creta diesel has a mileage of 21.4 kmpl. It is a whole lot more than the petrol and turbo petrol engines’ mileage that’s just 16.8kmpl.

The starting price of the new Hyundai Creta is Rs 9.89 lakh. Whereas, for petrol variants, the price goes much higher to Rs 16.15 lakh. 

The diesel variants version of the SUV cost from Rs 9.99 Lakhs and goes up to Rs 17.20 lakhs. Finally, the turbo petrol variants cost from Rs 16.16 lakhs to Rs 17.20 lakhs. 


Don’t ruin the condition of your beautiful car by less maintenance and not giving it the care it needs. Contact GarageOnRoad  on 91-9971800751 for 24 hours roadside assistance and mechanic services or download our mobile app on the Google Play Store!

To help as a Service Provider to the needy in midnight time login our Mobile App